GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your use of Karls computer services is governed by the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully. They do not affect your statutory rights.
By ordering services from Karl’s computer services you are entering into a contract with us. The terms below are important and set out our obligations to you and what you are agreeing to.
SERVICE VISIT REQUIREMENTS
IMPORTANT: You are responsible for ensuring that all data and information on your computer or other hardware is saved and appropriately backed up before we access your system. We will not be responsible for any loss of data, information or records.
If you book an in-home service appointment we will need the following at the time of appointment:
• an adult (over 18 yrs of age) who has a basic knowledge of the service
required or any problems encountered must be present;
• access to the area and equipment being serviced and the electricity mains,
plus light and power;
• your agreement to follow our reasonable instructions;
In addition to the above requirements, if we will be working on your computer we will need:
• a person with administrator level access present;
• any relevant software recovery disk(s) (or other media);
• a connected CD or DVD writer or reader.
Your computer system should have Microsoft Windows XP or later operating systems or Apple OS X or later.
Our services exclude support for the following:
• File servers and operating systems, except Microsoft Windows Home
• Domain & active directory based networks;
• VPN and WAN networks;
• Corporate infrastructure hardware (complex firewalls, switches etc.); and
If your system includes any of the above (as becomes apparent to our Knowhow Team Member upon visiting) our Knowhow Team Member may give you a quote to resolve the relevant problem or you may cancel the service ordered for a full refund.
We do not have specific knowledge of your computer and its configuration. Whilst we will use our best efforts to minimise disruption to your system, we cannot be responsible for any unforeseen consequences of our services.
Our services may affect manufacturer warranty validity. It is your responsibility to assess the effect of our services on any manufacturer’s warranty and take appropriate action.
We cannot be responsible or liable to you in relation to any service regarding:
• any loss or corruption of data, information or records;
• any loss of goodwill, or any loss of (or interruption to) business or contracts; • any failure by you to follow our reasonable advice, recommendations or
• any losses you may suffer arising from your use of (or failure to use) any
anti-virus software; and
• any loss that is not reasonably foreseeable.
1. We will make reasonable efforts to repair your product, subject to the availability of any
parts required and the terms of any relevant guarantee or warranty.
2. We may decide to replace your product with an equivalent one instead of completing the
repair and references in these conditions to ‘‘repair’’ shall be interpreted accordingly.
3. We will notify you when your product has been repaired. If you refuse to collect or (where
relevant) accept redelivery of the repaired product within a reasonable period of time after
our notification to you that we have completed the repair we may dispose of the product.
Any sum obtained on disposal will be used to meet any unpaid estimate or repair charges.
4. We are not responsible for claims or losses resulting from the non- availability of your
5. We are not responsible for your data or applications. Please ensure you have backups
before handing over your product for repair.
6. Should a service require your product to be reformatted to factory settings, we will not be
responsible for any data lost.
7. You are authorizing us to accept software end-user license agreements on your behalf as
necessary to complete the repair; to this end we will use the personal information you have
provided to us in connection with this service.
8. The service will be provided by Karl’s Computer Services, Bury St Edmunds Suffolk.
Additional Terms for Chargeable Repairs
1. If the repair to your product is not covered by our guarantee or your service agreement
you will have to pay for the repair.
2. We will make reasonable efforts to repair your product, subject to the availability of any
3. You will pay an “up-front” service charge that covers carriage and diagnostic services.
This service charge is non-refundable unless we can’t repair your product.
4. We will contact you by phone to agree the cost of repair with you. This is in addition to the
5. Our repair work is guaranteed for 3 months from the date the product is returned to you